Katalon Studio offers the users the capability for debugging test scripts. Additionally, its Debug mode is designed to make debugging easy to use. Consequently, it allows users to quickly investigate the issues that cause failure for their automation tests. Subsequently, in this article we will be covering the following topics:-
- Debugging test case with Katalon Studio
Debugging test case with Katalon Studio
1. First, open a test case. Then, switch to the Script view.
2. Secondly, double click on the left-most side of the script editor. This marks a breakpoint for the step you want to start debugging from.
3. Thirdly, choose the browser for Debug from the main toolbar.
4. Fourthly, confirm (select Yes) when asked to show the Debug perspective.
5. Fifthly, the Debug perspective provides users with helpful options for the debugging purpose. Moreover, users can:
5.1 First, navigate execution using commands from the debug toolbar.
|Step into the current code block|
|Step over the current code block|
|Return from the current code block|
|Run to a specific line|
5.2 Second, track the values of variables using Watch utilities.
|Variables||You can view all variables associated/ related to the current debugged action using Variables View. Additionally, this is similar to Variables View in Eclipse.|
|Breakpoints||You can view all breakpoints using Breakpoints View. Moreover, this is similar to Breakpoints View in Eclipse.|
|Expressions||You can inspect data using Expressions View. Additionally, this is similar to Expressions View in Eclipse.|
Moreover, you can refer to this guide for more details.
6. Sixthly, stop execution when you complete debugging.
Although the debugging mode in Katalon Studio is quite similar to that of the popular Eclipse IDE. In addition to that, we still manage to retain just enough function to keep the UI clean while providing users with all the required options to investigate issues when needed.