Selenium Basics – 1st Month
Selenium Training – WebDriver Basics is a 4 week program. It requires 8 classes spread out over four weeks and each class is a 2 hour class. This course will give you a solid understanding of selenium WebDriver, different modules and prepare you for writing automation tests in selenium. You will find the complete course content below.
1) Automation : A brief introduction to automation and the need for automation. How automation will enable you to beat competition and make you get the better jobs in market.
• What is Automation Testing
• Use of automation Testing
• Tools for Automation Testing
• Why automation is important for you career?
• What is Selenium
• Advantage of Selenium
• Introduction to IDE, RC WebDriver & Grid
2) Java for QA : This class will set you up for understanding Basic OOPs and java concepts. These concepts will be extremely important for you to become a good Automation tester. This section is specially designed so that can be followed by any Manual test very easily.
• Data Types and Variables
• String Class
• Arithmetic Operators & Concatenation operators
• Conditional & Decision Making
• Single Dimensional Array
• Double Dimensional Array
• Loops (For, While, Nested, Do While Loop)
• Classes and Objects
• Class Constructors
• Functions in Java
• Function Input Parameters
• Function Return Types
3) Eclipse IDE : This topic might seem little off place here but it’s very important topic to understand the tool you are using. Eclipse will the primary choice of development environment and we will discuss features of eclipse here.
• How to use Eclipse
• How to run, stop, pause
• How to debug in Eclipse
• Understanding console output
• How to put a break point
• How to add Watch variables
• How to find errors from Problem window
• Usage of step into and Step over debug functionality
4) Set up Eclipse : We will start with setting up WebDriver, so that every participant start flaunting off their newly learnt skills by writing some cool test programs:
• Download and install java
• Download and start Eclipse
• Download and configure WebDriver java client
• Set up a project
• Create packages
• Create a First Java test case
• Import WebDriver Source file
5) WebDriver Interface : This topic will make you familiar with the concept of browsers in WebDriver and how to launch basic Firefox browser using WebDriver. Here we will also talk about WebDriver & WebElement interface which will enable us to answer many complicated Interview Questions about WebDriver Implementation.
• Architecture of WebDriver
• WebDriver Interface
• WebElement Interface
• Launching Firefox browser
6) Browser & Navigation Commands : This is something which everybody do very first thing when they learn Selenium. Opening & closing of browser and some navigation function on top of it.
• How to Open a URL
• Verify Page title
• Strategy to get the Page Source
• Difference between Close & Quit
• Ways to Navigate Back & Forward
• How to Refresh Page
• Another way of Navigating to specific Page
7) WebElement Commands : An important and basic need of Selenium Automation. This part enables every participant to start writing automation test in their organizations. These are the most commonly used operations on any website.
• Difference between FindElement & FindElements
• Enter & Clear text from Input field
• How Click action works differently on different elements
• Managing Input fields, Buttons & Links
• Finding all links on the Page
• Strategy to check dead links on the page
• Extracting More than one object from a page
• Extracting Objects from a specific area of a web page
• Check if element is Present, Displayed, Enabled or Selected
8) Locators : In this class we will start learning about HTML, how elements are defined inside HTML document and what are the different attributes that are associated with an HTML element. We also try to find elements based on its attribute values.
• What are locators
• HTML Basics
• HTML language tags and attributes
• ID, Name, Xpath, CSS etc
• Difference between Absolute & Complete Xpath
• Finding your first element
• WebElement Commands
9) Element Identification : This part explains the lifesaver Add-Ons & tools for Selenium. Finding elements are the most common activity carried out in Selenium. These tools give us power to easily identify complex elements and help us in saving lot of time.
• Element Inspector in Mozilla, Chrome and IE
• Element locator tool for FF
• FireBug & FirePath Add-Ons in Mozilla
• Various HTML locator strategies
• XPath Helper Plug-in for Chrome
• Selection of Effective XPath
• Handling Dynamic objects/ids on the page
10) Tables, Checkboxes & Radio buttons : Many applications involve use of web tables and list boxes. These skills will help participant to get the expertise on complex tables structures and write effective automation test.
• Identify table rows and columns
• Extracting values from a cell
• Dynamically Identify Tables Data
• Select class in Selenium
• Drop Down Handle
• Select multiple values from the list
• Select & Deselect operations by Index, Value & Visible Text
11) Launching different browsers using WebDriver : This topic will make you familiar with the concept of browsers in WebDriver and how to launch different types of browsers using WebDriver. This will also covers the Challenges faced in using browser other than firefox.
• Launching IE
• Challenges with IE Browser
• IE driver server and path settings
• Launching Chrome
• Chrome server and path settings
12) Selenium Waits, Alert & Switch Windows : A little complexity will start now onwards. To use Waits effective is very important for every automation tester. Wait helps us in switching windows, handling pop-ups, operating alerts correctly.
• Implicit and Explicit waits
• How to use Expected Conditions with Waits
• PageLoadTimeout & SetScriptTimeout property
• Simple use of Thread Sleep
• Concept of Fluent Wait in Selenium
• Strategy to poll for an object
• WebDriverWait and its uses
• Different WaitUntil Conditions
• Managing Ajax based components
• Ways to handle Simple, Confirmation & Prompt Alert
• Concepts of Set Interface in Java
• Difference between Window Handle & Handles
• Switching & Closing Windows, Tabs & PopUps
• Concept of window ID
• Extracting window IDs with Selenium Object reference
13) Action Class
This gives us power on recently build Application with latest and complex object features. Hovering mouse or simulate Mouse and Keyword operations can be done by using Action Class. A necessary thing to learn in Selenium journey.
• What is Action Class & What can we do with Action Class
• Mouse Hover & Mouse Movement with Action
• Finding Coordinates of a Web Object
• Drag and Drop Action
14) Auto IT : AutoIT is third party tool which is used for Desktop automation. In Selenium world sometimes there Is a need of automating windows component in browser automation script. So automation done through AutoIT can be called with Selenium Scripts.
• What is AutoIT and its usage
• Downloading of AutoIT
• Usage of AutoIT in Selenium
• Upload, download files using AutoIt
• Handling http user authentication with AutoIT
15) Browser Profile : Different types of browser profiles and user authentication models with examples will be discussed in this class. You will need these to test secured websites and user authenticated websites.
• What is Browser Profile
• How to set up FireFox profile
• How to set up IE profile
• HTTP user authentication in Mozilla
• HTTP user authentication in IE
• Certificate handle in Mozilla
• Certificate handle in IE
Selenium Advance – 2nd Month
Selenium WebDriver Professional is for those who want to get under the skin of test automation with Selenium. We get into lots of details during these sessions and hence the course duration at times take little more time than expected. Professional course is a 8 weeks program which include 4 weeks Basics as well. It requires 16 – 18 classes and each class is a 2 hour class. In addition to the basic course we will cover Data driven, Keyword driven and Hybrid framework creation, TestNG, Log4j and many other wonderful topics which helps you in designing your own Frameworks. You will find the complete course content below.
16) Java Tutorial
In this class we dive deep into understanding Instances, classes and Inheritance which are prerequisite to Automation Framework. We will also take a look at how program control flows and how we can alter it to suit our needs.
• Local & Global Variables
• Static Variable & Function
• Modifiers – Access Modifiers
• Modifiers – Non Access Modifiers
• Overloading and Overriding Functions
• Exception and Error
• Final and Finally Keyword
• Throw and Throws
18) TestNG Framework
TestNG is a wonderful off the shelf framework that can be used directly to create your test framework. We will learn about this framework here.
• What is TestNG
• Benefits and Features of TestNG
• How to download TestNG
• Annotations in TestNg
• How to run Test Suite in TestNG
• Groups in TestNG
• Depend On in TestNG
• Test Case sequencing in TestNG
• TestNG Reporters
• TestNG Assets
• TestNG Parameters
• Multi Browser testing in TestNG
• Parallel testing in TestNG
WEEK 7 & 8
19) Automation Framework
This class will cover the concepts of Frameworks. After this the participant would got to know that which type of Framework works best for their Application and the pros & cons of the selected framework. Knowledge of frameworks is key skill to learn.
• What is Automation Framework
• Features of Automation Framework
• Benefits of using Automation Framework
• Different types of Automation Framework
• What is Data Driven Framework
• What is Modular Driven Framework
• What is Keyword Driven Framework
• What is Hybrid Framework
20) LIVE PROJECT – Selenium Hybrid Framework
In this class we will explore some major frameworks by looking at the code and understanding the key component of the framework. A demo website will be taken and framework will be built on top of that which will simulate actual project scenario.
• Introduction and Component of Frameworks
• Designing Test Data Provider (Excel)
• Designing Run Data Provider (Text/Property file)
• Setting up ANT/Maven Build Tool
• Factory Pattern Design
• Browser Factory Design
• Data Provider Factory Design
• Creating Page Objects & Object repository
• Writing Test Script and Fetching Test Data
• Designing Test Runner for Framework
• Enhancing Browser Factory
• Asserts, Test Fails & Error logging
• Reporters, TestNG Listeners and Log file Generation
• Running test with different Test Data
• Generating the HTML reports
• Emailing test reports
• Creating a BAT file for project execution
Online Selenium Training
We are the leaders in providing quality trainings of Selenium to Corporates and Individuals.
Access to video tutorials.
Our session are recorded and will be posted on Utube or our Website and you will be given lifetime access to those videos. You can access these videos any time and any number of time you want.
Is the fee refundable?
Yes, Fees is refundable only with in 3 classes. If in case you are not happy with the training and have a valid reason, we will refund the full amount.
Do you provide placements?
No we don’t provide placements as of now. However, we have it planned in the near future. All our students will be able to avail that.
What is the experience level of your trainers?
You can check the experience level of our trainers in our profile section http://original.toolsqa.com/about-us/ .
Do you have live centers where I can come for the classes?
We respect everyone’s time and we want to make our teachings accessible via the wonderful internet. Our live sessions pay attention to the needs of our students so you will feel almost like a real classroom.
Do you expect people to know programming language before they join the course?
Well, think of it like this. We are software engineers and programming is to the core of this discipline. You should understand it. However if you dont, we always have a primer classes to cover programing basics. You will feel comfortable and will be able to write programs yourself after those classes.
When is your next batch starting?
Our next batch is planned to start from13th Sep’14 till 2nd Nov’14.
Any discounts that you offer?
We run periodic discounts. To know about the latest ones you can refer the above course fees.
Do you provide in person training?
No we don’t. However, our teaching style will not make you feel left out in the group.
I am an absolute beginner?
Don’t worry, we are here to teach absolute beginners only. We group our batches based on the existing knowledge level of our students. This way we are able to pay special attention to core topics and build a solid knowledge foundation for you.
Are there live projects that you will give us to work on?
Yes, we have live projects designed to make sure that our students implement what they have learnt. This way of learning by practice makes our student stand out in the crowd.